October 25, 2012

Hike at Maquoketa

Hiked at Maquoketa Caves last week with a couple of friends.  We had a grand adventure!  The day started off with snowflakes, white nose syndrome in bats, and a five-lined skink.  After leaving the ranger's office, we hiked through Dance Hall Cave and immersed ourselves in a wonderland of golden leaves.  Here are some photographic highlights:

Natural Arch

Looking out from Middle Dance Hall

Raccoon Creek running through Dance Hall















Gold spilling into the stream

4 comments:

  1. Oooooh. Such beautiful golds. I really enjoyed the leaves on the stairs closeup. I can't say why, it just stirs something in me from my past that makes me warm and fuzzy. I also enjoyed the gold on the trees

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin, thanks for your great comment. I feel the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember this day! One of my very most favorites here in Iowa. You did get some great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was an awesome day, and I'm so glad we went. It really was a golden day.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments. Thank you!