April 23, 2014

Muskrat Again

I saw another muskrat in the same place as last year! 

The Mississippi is flooding and the waters have reached a walkway in one of my favorite parks.  This allows the muskrats to swim very close to the path, and has serendipitously created an opportunity - two years in a row - for me to photograph muskrats!  

Last year I just saw one swimming frantically back and forth.  This year, the muskrat I saw was swimming in a more leisurely fashion.  He even took time to climb onto a log, so I was able to get a full body shot instead of just two little pointy ears with two eyes and a snout poking out of the water.


While diving under the surface he found a plant he liked and came up smiling with it.  He proceeded to eat it up as he sat on the log, and later as he wallowed in the water up to his elbows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments. Thank you!