April 22, 2014

Watcher in the Woods

Every morning I find myself passing through a wooded area.  I've gotten used to the little landmarks there, including a downed tree with a deep hole in the trunk.  It makes a big black spot in the woods, which always draws my attention.

Today, there was something different.  Above the hole in the downed trunk there was a big white blob.  That's what it looked like to me, anyway.  I thought to myself, "Hmmm.  I don't remember that a big white blob being there before."

I asked Jason, who was with me at the time.  He has better eyes than me.  I said, "Hey, is that an animal on that log in the woods there?"  He took a cursory glance but wasn't really interested in my little mystery.  I grabbed my camera so I could use my zoom lens to get a good look.

Sure enough, it was a big cat.  Not a bobcat, just a domestic cat that might or might not be feral.  Still, in was an unexpected capture with my camera and I was pleased to have noticed it.  Here it is:


So the next time you take a walk in the woods and you get that creepy feeling that someone - or something - is watching you, you just might be right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments. Thank you!