May 29, 2014

Blog Contest Prizes

For my 250th post, I held a contest here on the blog.  That was back in February.  There were 10 multiple choice questions, and one bonus question.

You can see the quiz here: http://foundonthetrail.blogspot.com/2014/02/250th-post-celebration-contest.html .)

We had wonderful participation, more than doubling the number of participants from my first contest at the 100 blog post point.  We went from 3 participants to 8!  Huzzah!

It was a wonderful chance for me to see what the contest winners would pick for their prizes, and to see how the nature photos posted here look in different formats.  All the top scores were put in a hat and the winners were picked randomly for fabulous prizes!

2nd place won the photo magnets prize.  This went to my friend Ashley, who is herself a nature guru.  Here are the magnet photos she picked out, now gracing her filing cabinet at work.  Pelicans, the Jack O'Lantern mushrooms, a bumble bee, and a dragonfly:


Photo courtesy of Ashley - thanks, Ashley!
It should be no surprise that among her top choices for photo magnets, one was the lovely and mysterious Jack O'Lantern mushroom, as Ashley is the maven of mushroom identification.  Here's the original blogpost on those fungi:  http://foundonthetrail.blogspot.com/2012/08/night-adventures.html .

Ashley has her own nature blog, which you might want to check out.  It's on the sidebar in my blogroll.  It's called "Amore Feral Natura".  Here's a link:  http://amorferalnatura.blogspot.com/2014/03/mystery-mushroom.html .  Happy reading, and happy viewing!

1st place - a canvas print - went to my friend Coleen, who has been a walking and photography companion of mine.  For her canvas she selected a winter scene with a couple of dozen eagles perched in a tree:



I wish you all could have won prizes!  It was so much fun holding this contest that I want to hold another one soon, so I'd better get to writing in order to hit the next big number!

3 comments:

  1. This was a great follow up. Love it all, but am really loving the canvas! Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Makes me think I should get one of my own - but how to pick which one? LOL

      Delete
  2. Eeny, meeny, miny, moe! :) Any will do, they are all great!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments. Thank you!