May 27, 2014

Chipmunk!

Finally got my first good clear pictures of a chipmunk at Crow Creek park last month.  They are speedy little critters and always dart out of sight whenever I get a glimpse of them.  This one, however, was brave enough, or curious enough to check me out for a few minutes.  Never would have got these without my zoom lens!




This is an Eastern chipmunk.  The name comes from the Ojibwa word "achitamon", which means "descending head first".  Isn't that cool?!!!

As you probably know, chipmunks store food in their cheeks in order to carry it to a supply depot.  That's why this little lady's cheeks are puffed out so fat!

This post is for my friend, Sarah, who has a particular penchant for some members of the rodentia family.  Hope you liked this cute little critter!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much!!!!! You are such a wonderful friend and I miss you terribly. I love that one of the ways I can still feel connected to you is through your photography. I do love these little guys. Thanks for thinking of me and dedicating your post to me. I love you!!!!!!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you too. Thank you for your comment! You always inspire me to do what I love (photography for example) and I appreciate your encouragement! Love you!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments. Thank you!