August 20, 2013

Lucky Shot

I was photographing egrets and herons at Nahant Marsh the other day, and as usual, when I got home and examined my photos up close, I found I had captured some unexpected wildlife.  It was a lucky shot, really.  Take a look:


Yep!  My very first raccoons caught on camera, and I didn't even know they were there!  Cast your net upon the waters and you never know what you will find.


These carnivorous mammals look cute from a distance but trust me - they are vicious, destructive animals.  Campers beware!  Do not sleep with food in your tent.  If you do, you are just asking for trouble, and raccoons will bring it without a doubt.  Thankfully these two were eating natural foods, and not garbage from a dumpster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments. Thank you!