October 24, 2013

Sunrise on the River

I only had forty-five minutes yesterday, to get in a walk.  I was a woman with a mission!  I hurried to a nearby park and jumped out of the car.  Brrrr!  I threw my coat on, grabbed my camera, and hustled into the woods.

It was so dark, my camera didn't want to take good pictures.  I switched it to its "night" setting but  I knew that wouldn't last.  Once the sun decides to come up, it races over the edge of the world.

Two rabbits flashed across my path, only visible by their tails.

Coming into a cleaning, I looked back and saw the sun lighting up the sky with a beautiful display of color.



The river slapped noisily against some downed trees on the shore.  It was either that, or some unseen monster schlepping its way out of the water.  I went with the first idea, and moved on.


I found a new campfire along the trail.  Someone had built rocks up in a half circle to protect their fire from the wind off the river.  A tin cans remained among the ashes.  And mysteriously, a yellow rag hung in the trees.



As I walked back along the shore, that magical moment happened where the day changed from early dawn to daylight.  The river was flooded with a perfect, golden light - the kind that makes all your photographs beautiful!  I rejoiced in the moment.



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful.....As Always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Coleen, thank you! You would love this place, but they close it every winter for the bald eagles, from Nov. 15 - March 15. Not many days left to enjoy it this year!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments. Thank you!