October 30, 2013

Up a Tree

Saw this creature in the back yard one morning last winter:


I couldn't tell what it was for sure, through the window.  I grabbed my camera and snuck quietly into the back yard.  When I got there, the creature was still up in the tree.

I zoomed in on it with my lens.  That's when I realized that it was our wild cat perched there.  She must have been scared up the tree by one of the two bully cats (also wild) that roam the neighborhood.

We "adopted" her about three years ago, when she came into the yard to eat some bits of bread we had thrown out for the birds.  Hers is a sad story, and maybe I will tell it sometime, but not today.


So - I didn't take this picture while out on a hike, but since she is "wild" and it is the day before Halloween, I thought I would include post these pictures today!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments. Thank you!