March 29, 2013

The Eagle

Here is a favorite eagle poem of mine.   I'm sharing it, and this photo of an eagle I took, in honor of my son.  He earned his Eagle Scout rank this week.

This one's for you, Jason.*  I'm so proud of you!


                                                             The Eagle
                                                  by Alfred, Lord Tennyson

                                        He clasps the crag with crooked hands;
                                        Close to the sun in lonely lands,
                                        Ringed with the azure world, he stands.

                                        The wrinkled sea beneath him crawls;
                                        He watches from his mountain walls,
                                        And like a thunderbolt he falls.



*Names have been changed to protect the - well - they've been changed!

3 comments:

  1. I really thought this was unique and pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So Faithful,
      Thank you! And thank you for stopping by my blog. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments. Thank you!