September 22, 2012

Morning Details


I met up with this lady duck at the Bettendorf marina.  I walked around the corner of the dock, and there she was.  I froze in my tracks.  She gave me the eye - and what a pretty eye it was!


She's just a duck, I know, but I liked seeing the close up details, like the dark line running through her eye, and the drop of water at the end of her bill.  I liked seeing the deep orange of her legs and feet, and the webbing between her toes.


She was gracious enough to allow a few photographs, and then she stepped into her other natural element...


... and sailed away.

4 comments:

  1. She is a just a duck but she is a beautiful duck...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be kind to your fine feathered friends. Cuz a duck may be somebody's mother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And "be kind to your friends in the swamp, where the weather is very, very damp!"

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments. Thank you!