June 23, 2012

Another Black Barrel

Guess what I found?  Another black barrel!


I was looking at some shots I took at the lake out at scout camp, and what did I find in the background?  Another black barrel!  It's hard to tell from this distance, but it looks very similar to the ones I found in the spring.  Of course - this one is not crushed.

They are obviously meant to be homes for birds, but what kind?  Wood Ducks seems to be the obvious answer, especially since both barrel sightings were very near to water, but I want to be sure.

I called up the ranger and asked him about the barrel, thinking he could give me the scoop.  But it was not to be.  He's seen the barrel, but it was installed before he came on the scene.  So... the mystery continues.

I plan to go back out there and investigate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments. Thank you!