June 3, 2012

Central Park's Resident Red-Tail

Speaking of red-tailed hawks, here is a great book I found recently.  It's such an awesome book!

It's the true story of off-color red-tailed hawk, the Pale Male, who adopts Central Park and its environs as his territory.  In an interesting and beautiful way, it covers his mates, their challenges and offspring, and his fame.  



Written by Janet Schulman, this is a wonderful book for children, but adult readers will enjoy it just as much.  (I don't know about you, but I've got a penchant for picture books, even at my age.)  The super illustrations by Meilo So, combined with the real life facts in the text, make a great story.  Look for it at your local library!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments. Thank you!