June 29, 2012

I-74 Bridge

Here is the I-74 bridge.  This picture was taken on a lovely spring night, as I walked along the river parkway on the bike path.  The colors in the sky were gorgeous.


This is a suspension bridge, designed by Ralph Modjeski, who was born in Poland around the time of the Civil War.  He studied under one great bridge builder, and trained many others in his career, and built dozens  of bridges over the major rivers in North America.  This one carries over 77,000 people a day back and forth between Iowa and Illinois.

3 comments:

  1. Hi!! Just ran across your incredible pics of the I 74 bridge. I grew up in the QC and belong to a nostalgia site. Do you mind if I use your pic for our site with full credit to you? If so, what is your name? Thank you so very much! You're a wonderful photographer...gorgeous pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you mind if I used your pics of the I 74 bridge for our QC nostalgia site? I would give full credit to you! Gorgeous pics!!!!! What is your name for credit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jillian, yes, you may. Thank you so much for asking. I am glad that you like the pictures. My name is Amy. :) I'm so glad you found my blog! I had fun checking out your blog as well!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave comments. Thank you!